Suggested reading from Bliss More:
Read Chapter 3 on the Settling Sounds (12 mins)
(Audiobook: Chapter 7)
Listen to your Settling Sound
The Settling Sound is not like a mantra that you chant or focus on. Rather, it's meant to be heard (and experienced) in a subtle way. Make sure you wear headphones to hear the sound and cadence properly.
When you think the Settling Sound in a passive way, your mind will begin to effortlessly settle...
Symptoms of a settling mind during meditation
- Becoming forgetful
- Feeling like you're falling asleep
- Meandering on random thoughts
- Losing track of time
- Losing awareness of your body
- Shallow breathing
- See more details in the Chapter 3
Practice meditating with your Settling Sound. Instructions:
- Find a comfortable seat (no lying down)
- You can use a soft alarm, or you can just peek at a clock from time to time until you realize that you're done
- Close your eyes
- Be E.A.S.Y. with your mind
- Rest your awareness on your Settling Sound passively
- Stay relaxed in your posture
- When you reach the end, take an extra minute or two before slowly open your eyes
Over time, using the Settling Sound in meditation will deepen your experiences—provided that you aren't sitting there waiting for something to happen. Looking back to the past meditation, were you able to remain passive and take the anti-focus approach with the Settling Sound? Did time go by pretty quickly?
Post a photo or a video that represents how you felt after that last meditation with the Settling Sound. It could be a photo of you, or a representation of what being relaxed means in your life, or the first thing you looked at when you came out of meditation. Make sure to tag #blissmore and #blissmorechallenge so we can all follow your progress and support you along the way.
Sample accountability post
Wanna get a head start on tomorrow's reading?
Read up to No More "Thought Shaming" in Chapter 4 (7 mins)
(Audiobook: Chapter 8)
Click the follow button (below) to see everyone's progress in real time: